Our 3-day workshop addresses the issues facing importers and exporters of textiles. When is a T-Shirt a T-Shirt Clarifying issues between 6109 and 6110 requires strong knowledge of the Section and Chapter notes and the definitions cited by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for proper classification. This is one example of the many issues facing textile classifiers and this course will bring to light how to properly classify within Section XI of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
Subject matter experts will focus in on the General Rules of Interpretation and train participants on a unique methodology for defending your answers globally. Participants will learn how to present and defend their classification process with Suppliers, Related Parties and Customs Officials.
This three-day Advanced Classification Course contains intensive study and practical exercises that will take your knowledge of the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI) to the next level. An in depth approach will be taken to ensure that participants are adequately trained to defend their questions.
For current Certified Classification Specialists (CCLS) who enroll, this course will fulfill your annual re-certification requirements AND every CCLS holder is eligible to submit two product requests that may be used as part of the defense questions during the class.For more details please visit our website at learnatgta.com.
- General Rules of Interpretation and how to properly apply them
- Detailed review of Section XI, Chapters 50 -62
- Overview of Classification of Fibers and CBP notes
- How to Classify non clothing articles including wadding,
- Classification of Articles of Clothing and Finished goods
- How to eliminate different Classification decisions between colleagues located in different countries.
- How to Defend Your Classification Globally, when working with Suppliers, Related Parties or Customs officials
- How to confirm an article as a part, accessory or part of general use, to ensure proper classification
- When to classify an article?EO Nominee?
- How to write a Customs Ruling
This course is open to participants of all levels of expertise. Our methodology willquick bring beginners to an experienced level and higher qualified classifiersto experts in this area.
textiles, classification, imports, exports, tariffs, hts, gri